How to Avoid Costly Plumbing Repairs
The truth is that an effective plumbing maintenance program can go a long way when it comes to preventing major (or even minor!) plumbing issues. If you want to avoid expensive repairs or even replacements, it’s time to keep these tips in mind:
- Maintain your sink drain.
- Inspect your water heater.
- Get a professional tune-up done at least once per year.
Here are some other helpful tips!
- If your drain isn’t draining, harsh chemicals are not going to work, that’s when it’s time to call a plumber.
- When things start to slow down, that is the time to fix it. If you wait, you will have a bigger problem on your hands. If people call while things are still draining the issue will be a lot easier and faster to fix.
- Sharpen your garbage disposal blades. Organic matter that is not broken down due to dull garbage disposal blades can cause clogs. Keep your blades sharp by running a bit of ice through the garbage disposal once or twice a month.
- Pressure your disposal into unclogging. If your disposal is clogged, try using pressure to your advantage. Put the plastic plug cover from the disposal side over the drain on the sink side and let it fill with water, then turn on the disposal, creating turbulence that often dislodges the clog.
- Show your toilet’s true colors. Find out if the toilet tank is leaking into the bowl by putting a few drops of food coloring into the tank when it’s not flushing. If the water in the bowl changes color, you’ll probably need to replace the fill valve – a simple, cheap fix.
Contact the Experts at General Plumbing Today
Do you have further questions about how to avoid costly plumbing repairs? This is where the professionals come in! Here at General Plumbing, we’re here to help answer your plumbing-related questions, and ensure that you receive the timely, efficient service that you need and deserve. At General Plumbing, we have dozens of years of experience in dealing with virtually all types of plumbing maintenance & repair. Contact our team today to take advantage of our services – call us at 561-420-0442.